- Japanese having used seaweed for centuries to treat obesity, diabetes, alzheimers, and degenerative diseases
- Seaweed contains "lignan" which inhibits angiogenesis (i.e. blood cell growth) - this is what cancer feeds on
- It is high in B vitamins, folic acid, and magnesium
- Seaweed is beneficial for regulation of the thyroid due to it's richness in iodine
- Seaweed also helps regulate metabolism, adrenal glands, and prevents heart disease
- Finally, it contains "sodium alginate" which is a compound that binds toxic metals in the body and flushes them from the system
We also made our own pickled ginger! It was a "quick pickle". I basically sliced the ginger very thin on a mandoline and then put it into a mixture of apple cider vinegar and agave (2 parts to 1) for a few hours. I dyed it with a little bit of beet juice to give it the familiar pink tint that people are used to seeing on their sushi plates. I think the ginger was far superior (and obviously fresher) than what they serve in the sushi restaurants!
There was so much more that happened today, but I'm going to have to regurgitate it slowly otherwise I'll be typing all night... I'm off to get a little workout in and then to dinner with a friend!